Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back from a "digital" Vacation

I've been on somewhat of a digital vacation since the last day of school: no email, no blogging, no ipod, no computer. Instead, I've been...

...packing up my classroom
Where did the year go? It was a tough one, but I became a better teacher because of some of the challenges I faced.

...attending preschool graduation
Abby, Ella, and Ethan graduated from the "Zoo" to the "Park" at church.  It melted my heart to hear so many little ones singing praises to Jesus!

...shopping for bargains
The flowers and the plate cost $5.00 together. I was very excited! I was also able to share in Hannah's excitement in shopping for her new home. Shopping is SO much more fun when you're spending someone else's money. :)

...buying a new purse
I went to Tonya's Miche purse party, planning on not buying anything. But, yellow? How could I resist?!?  This purse stays so perfectly organized.  Best yet, a book easily fits inside, allowing me to read in between innings at the many, many ballgames I'm attending this summer.

...squeezing in as much horseback riding as possible

...reading
I finished Something Borrowed and Something Blue. Loved them! (Thanks, Les, for lending them to me!)

...spending quality time with my nephews/niece
Look at how little they were!!
I'm so thankful for my current "single" status. It allows me to drop everything when I get sweet phone calls or texts asking me to come over to play. :)

Last summer I had a huge to-do list. While there are a few things I want to get done, the focus of this summer is going to be on relaxing, having fun, and spending time with those I love.

3 comments:

Jen said...

:) So glad you are having fun! Enjoy your time off!!!!

Leslie said...

I hope to be on that list of people you're enjoying time with just as soon as I get back! I'm used to seeing you every day! Glad you're back from the tech vaca.

Alysia said...

Yeah!!!! Your new blog design is soooo "fetch"!
(That was on a movie the girls just watched called Mean Girls...it means cool, but it never caught on in the movie...obviously it caught on with me though.)
Love the colors, the green and purple look fabulous together!