Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Meanwhile back at the Ranch...

Chloe and I have been staying at Mom and Dad's this week while they are away playing in Tennessee.  (Every time I go out to feed Stormy it's like pouring salt in an open wound, I wanted to go so badly.  I'm thankful they're planning another closer trip this summer.)
While Chloe misses her front door and I miss the short drive to work everything, we are certainly enjoying some of the finer things in life. 

DVR (I'm making the right decision to not have this at home!  It's addicting.)

a water softner (Your skin feels so good when you get out of the shower!)

a big, front window (I love being able to see out.)

a tempur-pedic mattress (Ooh, a little piece of heaven)

the quiet of the country

a working ice maker :)

It's been a crazy week trying to finish school and getting into a routine here (after 4 days I've finally remembered to duck, to avoid hitting my head on a gate, OUCH!)  I'm so glad my parents were able to get away for some much needed R &R, and for a taste of retirement.  Don't get too attached though, Mom and Dad, I've missed you and am ready for you to come home!!

1 comment:

Alysia said...

Oooh I love the "quiet country" portion of your post. I hold those two words very fondly in my mind...reminds me of my childhood. Hope you were able to relax and take time for yourself in such a beautiful setting.