Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Friend or Foe?

     So, this is the dilemma.  Trying to decide if accepting this Facebook friend request is something I'm ready for.  I'm at war with myself on this one.  (What's new, right?)
     On one hand, if I did accept it, what can it really hurt?  I don't plan on communicating with him.  What can it hurt to accept and say, "Sure.  I'm in a good place.  I can just be your friend.  No harm done."  After all, what message would denying this request send?  I certainly don't want him to think I don't care. 
    On the other hand, do I really want need to have the ability to contact him?  Can I handle that?  Do I want to handle that?  Do I want him to know the details of my life?  Do I want to know the details of his?  Will I ever be ready for him to re-enter my life - just as friends.  Can you just be friends with someone you were forced to "get over" loving?  Not sure this is something this girl can handle.  Why does that make me feel like I'm stuck in yesterday?

2 comments:

Fran said...

I know you did not really ask - but I say run!!! Don't set yourself up for more hurt. You will know when you are ready- if ever - and will not have to ask the question. Just my two cents worth....

Leslie said...

I'm a little late on this, b/c we've talked but definitely FOE! ;)