Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Garrett

Tonight I spent the evening with Garrett!  Tina and Chris were at Chase's game.  (I hear he did amazing, by the way!)  I picked him up around 4:15 and turned him back over to Tina sometime after 9:30.  We had a very full evening, planned almost completely by Garrett.  That's the best part about being the aunt.  You get to let them do whatever they want!  Ha!

He wanted to have mexican for dinner.  We spent an hour at the restaurant just hanging out and talking.  Garrett is so witty!  He was cracking me up.  When referring to his day at school he said, "I don't what my teacher was thinking!"  (Hmmm...how many times to my students ask that, I wonder.)

After dinner we headed to his basketball practice.  Then, we came back to my house to drink hot chocolate and play a game of Life.  He was ruthless and totally kicked my butt!

We finally made it back to his house just in time for a shower and a chance to review his spelling words.

I had such a wonderful time with him.  I know it won't be long before he'll be too busy for nights like this, so I'm treasuring every second!  I love you, Garrett! 

2 comments:

Jen said...

How fun!!! What a wonderful aunt you are - those kids are so lucky!!!

Leslie said...

A great night for both of you. Fun, fun!