Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Moms wear so many different hats - nurturer, nurse, teacher, counselor, confidant, cheerleader, advisor, and friend. I'm so thankful for my mother who has been all of these things to me and so much more! My mom is always doing things, adding to her lists of things to do, all so that she can make my life easier. I aspire to be like her! Mom, I love you and am so thankful for you!

Our Mother's Day tradition is to have lunch at my Mom and Dad's after church. Everyone who has a mother helps out. My Dad always grills burgers and everyone brings a side.
Even Dad takes some time to help out on this special day!



Today we were missing Tina and her family, as they were in Branson at Chase's ball tournament. Luckily, they made it to the Championship game and were all able to caravan down there to watch. Here's Chase's cheering section:
Uncle Matt, Aunt Tonie, Grammy, Auntie Ann, Pop, Poppy Gene, Granny Great, Bob, and Aunt Meme. Chase, you sure do have a lot of people who love you!

Chase's team did a fabulous job! They came from behind in the tournament to take 2nd place!
We all came back to Mom and Dad's and ate leftovers. (They just love getting their pictures taken. Can't you tell?)
Garrett was tired from all the baseball games Chase had. A little sunburned, too!
Jacob asked all day when the "boys" would be there. They're buddies!

Abby is our animal lover. This picture was taken in the 1 moment she wasn't chasing after Chloe!
Looks like Abby found out what makes Chloe tick...belly rubs!!
We all went in to put together a pot of flowers for mom. Here it is:

What a great day! Family is such a gift from God!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you had a great day with your mom.