Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Are you up for it?

So, I've been horseback riding today, but that's about it. Sad to say, I've had a horrible allergy day and have had to spend what's left of the day inside. Now I remember why winter is wonderful! It's my own fault actually. I got out of the habit of taking Claritin daily. Needless to say, I'm working on getting it built back up in my system.

(Biscuit, Mom and Dad's barn cat, stowed away with us. When we got to Bar K we found her in the trailer!)
On to bigger and better things... I checked out Beth Moore's blog today for the first time in a while. I was excited about what I saw. She is getting ready to host a summer Bible study on her blog. Did any of you do this last year? It sounds VERY doable, even amidst the craziness of summer. The book we're going to study is "Me, Myself and Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild. "The basic premise of the study is to learn how to guard what we’re saying to ourselves and what we’re stuffing destructively into our minds." Sounds like something I need! What about you?

Beth's post explains how this online, blogging Bible study will work. Basically, we're going to be working through the workbook 2 weeks on our own. Then, we'll meet together, watch a 15 minute video of Beth sharing her thoughts, and then discuss what we've discovered during the 2 weeks. When we're done, we'll post a comment about our time together.

I know summer pulls everyone in a million different directions, but I've grown so much during the Esther Bible study and have even noticed a difference in myself during these past few weeks that I've taken "off". Accountability is good for me!

There's no pressure here because I'm going to do the study no matter what. I just thought I'd see how many of you might be interested, too.

Any takers?

8 comments:

Jen said...

I'm TOTALLY IN!!!! I love Jennifer Rothschild and I think the premise of the study sounds like JUST WHAT I NEED! Let's Do It!!!

Kelly Carter said...

I'm in! I'm searching for truth and authenticity, after what we've been through this year. This sounds perfect.

Tammy said...

Yeah, Girls! I'm so excited!!! I learn so much more when I get to share with and listen to others!! Hopefully, a few more will join in!

Kelly Carter said...

Love the change! It's you!

Tonya said...

I'm so in! It sounds just like what I need. I struggle with this alot more than I think I even realize. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

Anonymous said...

Count me in. Mom

Jen said...

Woot Woot I am totally pumped! :)

Leslie said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment, but I'd like to join ya'll!