Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

To blog or not to blog - that is the question...

I can't decide.

On one hand, I like having this place to preserve memories and to remind me of God's blessings and grace.

On the other hand, I don't like feeling like a failure when I miss a day, or two...or 60!  :)

When I started blogging, it was to remind me that I'm living and not sitting around waiting for a family of my own.  I wanted to make sure I was seizing every opportunity and living in the moments that make up this season of life.  At the time, it was literally one foot in front of the other, one choice at a time.  I'm so thankful that is no longer the case!  Living and enjoying life comes naturally - as it should.  It's no longer an effort.

I'm not sure why it is such a chore to sit down and type out a post.  I mean, I did it last year amid my toughest year of teaching yet.  What's different now?  Is it laziness?  Am I being undisciplined?  I definitely enjoy looking back at the past, seeing how the kids have changed and rereading some of the most precious moments.  Moments I'm not sure I would otherwise remember.

That alone is enough to keep trying, right?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love reading your blog...so of course I don't want you to quit. But I don't want to add pressure!!! I'll be praying that you can find what works for you!!!