Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Spontaneity

To say that I'm not spontaneous would be a bit of an understatement.  I enjoying going to bed each night having already made my plans for the next day.  If these plans are changed, my heart tends to beat a little bit faster and I have to do some "self talk" to tell myself things are ok.  Today, I was a bit spontaneous and didn't need to "talk myself down" to achieve it.  (Yay for me!)

My plans were to pick up around the house, do a little cleaning, plan next week's menu, make a grocery list, and go to the store. 

Usually we spend Saturday mornings riding, but it's been too cold, or we've been too sick to go.  I thought that was true for today also, but Dad texted around 9:00 and asked if I wanted to go riding at 10:30.  It had been so long and I love it so much, I couldn't pass up the chance.  I was so glad I went!  Today Dad rode Stormy to teach me a few things.  I'm so glad he did!  When I ride Stormy I don't get to see him.  I loved watching him move today!  He's a beautiful animal!!  And, might I add, he was/is a perfect gentleman, too!  I rode Rowdy and confirmed what I'd always suspected - I don't really know that much about riding horses.  Stormy just takes excellent care of me!  :)  Rowdy gave me a great ride, with a few thrills thrown in! I had a great time!

We got back to Mom and Dad's, and Dad changed my oil.  After that we spent some time talking about the Bible and current events.  I loved this time with them.  I left feeling very thankful for this season in my life.  If were married and had kids, I wouldn't have this extra time with my mom and dad.  Believe me, I don't take it for granted and am soaking it up!!

When I got home Tonya called and asked me to come over to Tina's to play games while the "big" boys were at the Tournament of Champions.  I quickly showered and headed right over!  I always enjoy the "little" ones.  It was great to catch up with Tina and Tonya, too!  It seems like I haven't really talked to them since Christmas or New Year's Eve.  Sisters are the greatest!

The day didn't go as I had planned and it's a good thing I was flexible, because the it was so much better!

No comments: