Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Break

I had a wonderful Christmas Break.  Granted, it wasn't spent doing things I usually do over vacation, but this week and a half brought its own unexpected blessings.

Friday (Christmas Eve), I started coming down with something, but was hoping it was just sinuses.  Christmas morning I woke up with chest congestion and a hoarse voice.  Thankfully I didn't really feel all that bad.  It sounded worse than it was.  Sunday was much of the same.  Then, Monday morning I got a double whammy when I woke up with a fresh cold - yuck!  The unexpected blessing was that I usually spend Christmas Vacation going and going and going.  These "symptoms" caused me to stay home and take it easy.  Usually when it's time to go back to school I'm disappointed with the lack of time I spent at home, just hanging out and reading.  Well, not this year!  I feel rested, relaxed, and read-up.  I also got acquainted with (and seriously addicted to) TiVo!!

Another unexpected blessing was that I discovered I needed a new battery for my car - and it didn't take getting stranded anywhere or being late for work!  Thursday night I ran over a skunk.  I didn't kill it, I just drove over him.  While he lived to stink another day, he definitely left his mark on my car.  It was TERRIBLE!!  I'm so thankful it didn't stink up the inside of my car.  I wasn't so lucky with the garage.  That night I parked it inside because we were supposed to get ice/snow and it was going to be so cold.  When I got up that morning, I could smell a little bit of it in the house.  I absolutely couldn't have that, so I parked my car outside.  Saturday (Christmas Day), after leaving Papa and Grandma's, Dad dropped me off at home to get my car, but it wouldn't start.  It wouldn't turn over.  The cold weather zapped my battery.  No worries, though, I got about 5 years use out of it!  Sunday after church, much to our surprise, it started right up and we Mom drove it to Wal-Mart to put a new battery in it.  I'm glad to have that done!  With the new battery, I can realize how it had been dragging to start.  Now it's peppy as ever!

Another unexpected blessing was that I got to spend some quality time with Kayla!!  She called and asked if we could get together Monday after Christmas.  I had such a great time with her and am so thankful we got to catch up.  It had been a few months.

I did spend two days shopping with Mom and one day shopping with Tonya, which is always a blessing!

The break was wonderful and just what I needed!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jen said...

So sorry you were sick, but that is so awesome that it turned into an unexpected blessing. Love those!!!