Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fear

This past week I've really had to fight fear.

I've been fighting for a student this year, and it's all coming down to this week of testing.  Will he/she get the help they need?  I've been fervently praying, believing that God is going to intervene of his/her behalf!  But, each time they've come for testing, I've had to work through fear and a feeling of helplessness.   

This past week I've also been dealing with personal fear that I thought I'd conquered.  Ok, conquered isn't the right word, but I really did feel I was able to speak truth when I felt the fear coming on.  Satan really snuck up on me this time.  My dreams have been so real and made this fear come to life like never before.  With this foothold, he has successfully whispered the same old lies I fall for every time.

BUT, I just love how the Lord weaves things together!

The past several Sundays I've heard messages on the Armor of God - the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet planted firm in the knowledge that God is on my side.  It's been wonderful and so timely, too!  This week I've been reminded that bullies of doubt and fear have no hold on me.  God is on my side and I can live in confidence knowing I can stand firm in Jesus!

Then, tonight as I sat down for my quiet time, the passage of scripture I was to study was about Jehoshaphat and the army that was coming against him.    Upon hearing about the army coming to destroy the kingdom, the scripture says that Jehoshaphat "feared", but he didn't dwell there!  He immediately sought the Lord through prayer and fasting and praising God saying, "We have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.” (2 Chronicles 20:12)  The Lord replied saying, "Thus says the LORD to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s."  (vs. 15) and "You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the LORD is with you.” (vs. 17)  WOW!  Another reminder that God is on my side and is with my always!

I'm so grateful for His gentle reminders this week.  He is so good to me! 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a great post!