Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Celebrating the Boys

Garrett said all he wanted for his birthday was a bonfire, so Mom and Dad gathered up a brush pile.  The plan was for Sunday at 4:00.  After raining all weekend, it didn't look like it was going to happen, but we joined together and prayed that God would hold the rain on Sunday afternoon.  He did and it was perfect weather for a bonfire!
Garrett and Ethan had fun adding limbs to the brush pile.
Jacob and Kelby enjoying a hot dog.
These kids love their grandma!
Abby and Ella - a pair of screamers!
Grana, Bob, Hanna, Kenley, Grandma, Papa, and Mom
Here's Dad keeping the fire going.
Me and Tonya
Matt and Chase - Chase would catch the end of a stick on fire and then carry it around like a gun.  He was an accident waiting to happen.
Michelle and Tina
See what I mean?  This picture just shows the way Chase was playing around.  He ended up burning a hole in his shirt.
Some of the little girls wanted to see the horses.  Stormy loves visitors, so he was eager to please!  He's so good.  He stood like a perfect gentleman while they climbed on.
Reece
Kately

Chase turned 13 on April 20th and Garrett turned 9 today!  Boys, I hope you read this and know how much you are loved!

Chase, I have so much fun with you.  You tease and joke with me, constantly keeping me on my toes.  Thank you for making me laugh and always finding time for us to spend together.  I love you!

Garrett, I don't think I've ever met such a loving kiddo.  You always greet me with a hug, making me feel so loved.  I love the way you look out for others, doing what they want, putting them first.  You are such a hard worker and give everything you do 100%.  I love you!

Tonight we celebrated Garrett's birthday at the restaurant of his choice...Lamberts!
 Here's the birthday boy!  Just adorable!!
 Chase is showing off his birthday gift from me and the Woffords.
 Ethan couldn't be left out!
Garrett got his usual - chicken legs.  He also enjoyed okra and fried potatoes.  Ethan and Chase didn't have as much luck.  Chase thought his catfish tasted like "firewood" and Ethan couldn't eat his chicken legs because they were too "slimy".  In this video, Ethan has to eat just one bite because he hadn't eaten anything.  He had been too caught up in catching rolls.  He chose to try the catfish.  As you'll be able to see, he had a hard time.  (Don't forget to pause the music at the side.)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You are blessed with a wonderful family!