Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

An Unexpected Blessing

Leslie's mom recently gave me the sweetest, most thoughtful and unexpected gift ever.  She made me a prayer shawl!  It's absolutely beautiful and was made with prayer and praise.

"Shawls ... made for centuries, universal and embracing, symbolic of an inclusive, unconditionally loving God.  They wrap, enfold, comfort, cover, give solace, mother, hug, shelter and beautify."

Anne so beautifully also wrote in my card, "I pray that as you wrap yourself in your shawl, God will also enfold you in His loving, gracious arms giving you comfort, confidence, joy and love."

Thank you for this thoughtful, uplifting gift.  It's overwhelming to think that you would selflessly give your time and talent to make something for little 'ole me.  You've encouraged and uplifted me more than you'll ever know!  Thanks, Anne!

2 comments:

KK said...

That is precious.

Jen said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. It looks so comfortable, too!!!