Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ready or Not, Here We Go!

So, my last post was about summer beginning and just like that, it's gone!  Today was the first day of school and in keeping with tradition, I thought I'd post a few pictures of my classroom.  I have to thank my momma who came and spent 4 hours on a Friday evening and 3 hours on a Tuesday helping me hang things, organize, copy, sort...you name it, she did it!  Love you, Mom!!

Here's the Reading Corner.  I opened it up more this year to be able to utilize more classroom space.
 Math bulletin board and my "teacher" bookshelf.
 My desk.  This year I moved the lamp and phone to on top of the stereo system.  I'm loving all the extra space on my desk.
 Love my new polk-a-dotted magnetic board.  I'm going to put special notes and inspirational quotes there.
 Character wall - I made those signs last summer.
 This is new.  I used to put class jobs here, but decided to change that this year.  Only a few people actually wanted to do the job, and therefore did them correctly.  So, I made this a problem solving resource.  We added a few things to it today!
 Love my new black "Be Yourself" sign!!
And just like that year 13 is under way!!  It was a good day today.  I know because I didn't come home and cry because of being overwhelmed.  Working out this summer has definitely added to my energy level that's for sure!  (More on that journey later.)  Speaking of working out, 4:40 a.m. will come VERY early!! 

I have MUCH blogging to catch up on and hope to add a post a night.  We'll see...:)

1 comment:

Jen said...

LOVE your room! It makes my heart hurt just a little because I remember how amazing it was to work with you. Your kiddos are seriously so blessed. You are an amazing teacher and I love and adore you.