Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

God's into the Details

He's into the big details and the little ones.  I'm thankful for this tonight! 

Back in April my car starting acting up a bit.  It would drive great and then all of a sudden not start.  There really was no rhyme or reason for anything.  We took it to Honda for them to look at, and they couldn't find anything wrong.  When my dad went to pick it up, the mechanics told him it might be the transmission and that fixing it wouldn't really do any good.

Needless to say, this news was devastating to me.  I love my car, and the part I love about it most is NO CAR PAYMENT.  When I bought my car I specifically went with a car known for holding it's value and lasting long term.  While my car is 12 years old, it only has 124,000 miles - which is low mileage for a Honda.  My plans have been to buy a new car when I need more room for kids.  (WHEN I have kids.  Not IF.  Just speaking faith, people!) 

I researched new cars, but never had a peace about it.  My mom and dad reminded me about a praise report shared in church.  Someone having car trouble had laid hands on it, praying God would repair it and He did!  That very night I went out into my garage and did the same thing.  At first I felt silly, but I felt God gently reminding me that He cares about the things that bother me.  He wants to help me.  He is there for me.  I walked back into the house with a great peace.

Fast forward four months.  Praise the Lord I had NO car trouble all summer long.  It ran perfectly every single time I drove anywhere!!!  Two weeks ago it began acting up again.  My dad took it to a mechanic in Rogersville.  Once again, nothing could be found wrong.  My dad had him replace a relay switch and picked it up yesterday.

Many people have been praying about this with me.  (So thankful for that!)  I'm believing the relay switch was causing the problem and now that it's been replaced, I won't have any more problems.  I'm so thankful the cost of the mechanic having my car for nearly a WEEK was only $160!!  Definitely affordable - barely a car payment!!  I'm thankful my mom generously loaned me her car for so many days without ever acting like it was a big deal - which it was!!  I'm so thankful God works in ALL ares of my life!


No comments: