Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Lovin'

After the past four days, I finally feel like summer (and all the fun that goes with it) has finally arrived!!

It started on Thursday when I made a trip to school to copy off the math stuff Kelly and I worked so hard on.  We have a few finishing touches, but no "brain power" will be needed.  (Yay!  Not sure how much is left anyway.)
Thank you, Sara, for letting me "bug" you and borrow your computer to do this!
Thursday I had my first, non-work related lunch date of the summer!  Kayla, I LOVED catching up with you and your parents.  It was so relaxing and just plain fun!!
After some shopping in Branson, I helped Mom and Dad set up their new iPad.  Too cool!!  They are going to love it!
Can you guess who I spent the day with Friday?
Kelly and I have made it a tradition to check out the magnificent houses on the Parade of Homes every June.  We have so much fun looking at new trends and walking through the amazing homes.  This year we toured one that was 10,000 square feet!  It felt more like a resort than a home!  We kicked off the day with a visit to a new restaurant, Farmer's Gastropub in downtown Springfield.  It serves fresh, local, organic food.  We really enjoyed it.  And, of course, since we were only a block away, we had to visit The Cup!
That evening I caught a few of Chase's basketball games.  I took him home and we enjoyed some quality time while watching "The Office".

Saturday started at 7:00 (to beat the heat).  I helped Dad wax Papa's truck and he helped me wax my car.  Thanks, Mom, for cleaning out the inside.  It looks brand new!!
Speaking of looking brand new, Papa thought we had traded his in and brought him a new one.  It looked completely different!
 I had to include this little, refreshing treat.  I'm loving Starbucks Green-Tea Frappuccino!
I wrapped up this summer lovin' weekend celebrating Father's Day!!  Words would fail me if I tried to describe how much I love, admire, and respect this man.  I just hope that I show him how much I love him every time I'm with him.  He still teaches me so much!
 Our tradition is to have a picnic and then play a lively game of whiffle ball, but the past few years it's been SO hot, we decided to wait and celebrate this evening.  We still had a picnic at a local park, complete with Mom's homemade fried chicken.
 No whiffle ball this year, but everyone enjoyed some Frisbee.
And who can turn down swinging??

 Or jumping out of them for that matter.
 We finished the evening with homemade ice cream and brownies at Tina's.
 I love that the little guys love getting together as much as we do!
 I'm absolutely loving summertime!!
Photobucket 


No comments: