Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

100% - Is it possible?

I'm beginning to think it's impossible to give 100% of yourself to every part of your life. If I give 100% to school, inevitably I'm behind at home on cleaning or laundry or yard work. If I give 100% to life at home (i.e. planning and cooking healthy meals, working out, making sure everything is in it's place, grocery shopping, paying bills, blogging, getting to bed on time) it means there's papers I've left ungraded, Math Power-Points that are unwritten, emails that have not been responded to, lessons that need to be planned, professional books that need to be read, etc... You'll notice I've yet to mention time spent reading the Word or in prayer. What about nurturing my relationships with family and friends? Where's the balance in all of it? How do I find it? I feel like it's a give and take. One day I may be more focused on what needs to be done for my job. Another day, my focus may need to shift to my home and making sure I'm all caught up on work here. But, how do I keep from feeling guilty when I can't devote my time and energy to all my responsibilities every day? I'm afraid that if I live in the moment, I'll forget something! If you have any suggestions on this, please share! I'm in desperate need of your help!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I am so with you girl!! I don't get how we're supposed to do it all and do it well??? It is sooooo hard, but such is life- I guess.

Alysia said...

I hear ya sweetie! Sometimes I think we shouldn't have to do it all, but as Leslie said-such is life-I guess. Every woman I know is a SUPERWOMAN! So much to do, so little time...yet we manage it all. Who do we take care of last? Ourselves =( I find comfort in the little things my family does for me to ease my responsibilities. The little things mean so much!!!

Tara said...

I used to struggle with this quite a bit. Then I realized that nobody really does it all 100%. The perfect house, the busiest volunteer, gourmet meals every day. That is not reality. Reality is figuring out what is important, not urgent. We have to do our jobs, laundry, etc., but they are the urgent. What is your important? Spending time with friends and family? Sitting at the Master's feet like Mary? Find your important, do that, and let the rest fall in somewhere behind that. Now, if only I could take my own advice!

Tammy said...

That's some powerful words of wisdom! Thanks for sharing!