Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day #1

Well, I have thoroughly enjoyed my first snow day! (It was especially sweet because I knew I didn't have to make this one up.) I finished the book that I started on the plane to and from California 2 weeks ago. I would recommend reading it. It's called "A Time to Mend" by Sally John and Gary Smalley. If you've read or seen anything by Gary Smalley, you know he's a safe bet! I love him! After reading, I cleaned the house. Everything's put away and sparkling! My dad came and picked me up and brought me home. My mom fixed a fabulous dinner and we're going to watch The Biggest Loser together. I'm so thankful that my parents are close and love me so much!

It was a relaxing day. One I enjoyed very much!
My favorite part of the day, though, was when my Grana called. She left the sweetest message. She celebrated her 90th birthday in November. (She doesn't act a day over 65!) My mom had friends and family send in letters of their favorite stories or memories with my Grana. My friend, Leslie, and I (mainly Leslie) put them together in a scrapbook for her. (For those of you who know Leslie, you can only imagine how good it turned out.) Anyway, she called to tell me how much she was enjoying looking over the book today, rereading letters. She said she was undeserving of all the nice things people wrote. All I have to say to that is I wish that my Grana could see herself through our eyes. She is such a special lady. This side of heaven she'll never know how many lives she's touched with her compassion and love. I wish you all could know her the way I do. Grana, I want to be like you when I grow up!

No comments: