Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Say it ain't so!

Tomorrow, Ozark starts school.  That means that Chase will be in 8th grade, Garrett will be in 4th, Jacob in 2nd, and Ethan and Abby will be starting Kindergarten!!  Can that even be right?  I can still remember when Chase started Kindergarten.  Wait a minute!  I can still remember the night Chase was born!!
It doesn't seem possible that they're all going to be in school.  It's hard because it feels like we're handing them over.  They're no longer going to be spending the majority of their time with those who love them most!

These precious ones aren't mine, but I couldn't love them any more if they were!  My sisters have been gracious enough to "share" them with me.  I was there on the day they were born, celebrated all their birthdays, attended their school programs, watched countless sporting events, laughed with them, and dried some of their tears.  

Tina and Tonya, know that I'll be praying for you tomorrow.  I can't imagine what a struggle it will be.  This major event in the life of Ethan and Abby has brought tears to my eyes several times these past few weeks.  Girls, rest assured that you've prepared them well.  They are ready and I have no doubt they will shine!

Chase, Garrett, Jacob, Ethan, Abby, as you start school this year, know that your Aunt Meme is praying for you!  I'm praying that you're lights will shine for Jesus.  I'm praying that you'll meet friends with the same likes and beliefs/values as you, friends that will lift you up instead of dragging you down.  I'm praying that God will protect you from unkind words and that he will give you the courage to stand up for yourselves and those who may need a friend.  I'm praying that your teachers will see you for the unique gifts that each one of you are.  I'm praying that every day, as you step into your school, that you'll know Jesus is with you.  You'll never be alone!  

You are going to have a great year!!  You have a huge cheering section!!  I love you and can't wait to hear about your first day!! 

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Ok, I thought I could handle to read it now! I'm so not!! That is the most special post!! I'm sitting in the chair, crying my eyes out!!

We are so blessed to have you in our lives, each one of us!! I love you sis!

Leslie said...

You are such an awesome sister, aunt, daughter, and friend. :)

Alysia said...

Your family is so lucky to have you as a daily part of their lives!! You're a sweetie!