Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mom's Birthday

We celebrated Mom's birthday at my house this year.  It was just us girls.  I debated having everyone, but decided that mommas don't have many opportunities to spend some time just taking care of themselves, having adult conversations that aren't interrupted.  I wanted them to have the night off.

The evening was full of conversation, triple chocolate cake, and Cranium.  (A game with something for everyone: singing, acting, sculpting, drawing, solving word riddles, and recalling facts!)  
  We all got a kick out of GayeAnn's wrapping job!
My favorite part of the evening was just getting to spend time with these wonderful ladies!!  I laughed until I couldn't catch my breath, and I caught up with those I don't see nearly enough.  It was wonderful!!  (Aimee and Hannah, we missed you!!)

Mom, I hope you enjoyed every minute of your special day (lunch with Grana, shopping, and dinner with Dad).  You are an amazing women!  I have so much left to learn from you, and am looking forward to many years of doing just that!  I love you with all my heart!

1 comment:

Jen said...

FUN!!! Love your Mom...she is SUPER!