Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Busy Week

February 7th - 13th was conference week.  This is always a dreaded week for me.  Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy visiting with the parents of my students.  There's just something about talking for 12 hours straight for nearly two days in a row.  It's exhausting!  Lots of other things were going on this week, too!

Sunday - Mom always fixes lunch for me on Sundays, so I thought I'd give her a break today.  I fixed cheese steak sandwiches and homemade cheese-fries.  This is nothing like the healthy meals Mom usually makes, but it was good!  For dessert I made Better-Than-Anything cake.  Ohh, it was SO good!  I shared the leftovers with Tina and Tonya's families along with Kelly and Leslie.  It was such a big hit, I'll think I'll serve it at Bunko in March.
Monday - Because I was hoping for a snow day today, I kept Chloe with me instead of sending her with Mom.  (She is NOT fun to take outside in the snow.  She's very stubborn!)  Well, there was no snow day, so after work I took her to mom's.  I picked up Chase along the way because there was too much "togetherness" going on at his house.  After we dropped off Chloe he went with me to the O.C. to workout.  He was my very own personal trainer.  We walked/jogged the track.  He kept after me about going faster and working harder.  It was a great workout!  While we were there, we saw a couple of girls he goes to school with.  I know there aren't very many 12 (soon to be 13) year olds who would walk with their aunt and not be embarrassed.  He doesn't even know it, but in those 30 minutes he made me feel so loved!  Afterwards, I took him to his favorite restaurant: McDonalds, and then back to my house.  (From the time he got home from school he had eaten 2 big bowls of cereal, double cheeseburger, large fries, 4 poptarts, and a container of yogurt!!  He's a bottomless pit!)  At my house, I showed him one episode of "The Office" I thought he'd enjoy.  We laughed and laughed.  (Jen, I think he's hooked!) 

Tuesday - Conferences - yep, that sums it up!

Wednesday - walked with Kelly after school in her neighborhood.  It was so nice to be outside and soak up the sun.  While we were walking, we planned our Spring Break mini-trip.  We're going to go to St. Louis!  She has never been in the arch!  I can't wait for her to experience it!  After walking, I stayed with Garrett and Ethan until Grammy picked them up for church.  We played a competitive game of Uno! 

Thursday - Conferences - Leslie surprised me a cup of english-toffee-some kind of coffee drink.  A day or two prior to this, she brought me one just to try.  You see, she's recently joined the rest of America and has become obsessed with coffee and the whole caffeine experience.  Now, she wants to get me hooked.  Leslie, mission accomplished!  I've been thinking about this delicious cup of energy ever since!  (Seriously, thank you for being so thoughtful!  I'm so glad I get to see you at work every day.  You always find some way to brighten my day!)
Friday - A day off!  I went shopping with Mom - Sam's and Hobby Lobby, two of my favorite stores!  I didn't know if I'd be able to contain my excitement!!  Mom, how did I not take a picture of us?  We spent the day grocery shopping and running a few errands, but I had such a wonderful time spending the day with her!  I love you, Mom!  That evening I went to Jacob's basketball game.  Any team going up against him better watch out because he's aggressive!  I'm disappointed to say I didn't get a picture of this either!  (That's how tired conferences make me!  I can't even get the camera out! Ha!)  Later, I took Garrett to his 9:50 ballgame!  Seriously, who schedules a 9:50 ballgame for third graders?  Because Ethan had an 8:00 ballgame the next morning, I took Garrett to the game and he came home and stayed the night with me.  He played such a great game and worked up an appetite.  He ate a sandwich, chips and salsa, and 2 bags of Sun chips!
We started a movie, but by this time it was 12:45 and he only made it about 15 minutes!  He slept in until 9:45 and woke up wanting to play Life.  Garrett, I always enjoy spending time with you!  You are such a great conversationalist! 

I had a visitor drop by this morning with the most thoughtful gift, but I'm going to include that in tomorrow's Valentine's post!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I was so, so tired on Friday. This week really took it out of me. So glad you're loving the coffee!

That pic of me is just horrible!! My hair is FLAT!! Oh well...

Thanks for ALWAYS making my day better. What would I do without you??

Alysia said...

You are such a good aunt! I hope you know that! Missing you...

Fran said...

I know you will appreciate this since you work with fourth graders......I was catching up on your blog and kind of read it quickly - had to go back as I thought it was Chloe who was working out with you - I mean I know you love that dog - but could not figure out how you would let her make you go faster and work harder!!!!

Tammy said...

Too funny, Fran!!!