Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Running on Empty

Truth: No matter how hard I've tried to tell myself otherwise, there have been more days that I haven't enjoyed my job this year than in the previous 10 years combined!

Truth: This school year my quiet time has been minimal.

Coincident?  I think not!

Last Wednesday at Prayer Meeting it hit me.  When the job is done right, teachers give all day long.  Because I wasn't filling myself back up, it was hard to find more to give.  That's why I felt exhausted and depleted.  I left Prayer Meeting that night, called Kelly, and told her that we needed to started the Bible study we'd been talking about for several, several months.  She told me she'd planned on talking to me about that exact same thing.  Coincident?  I think not! 

I can't begin to tell you how my perspective has changed or all the ways I've seen God working just since I've spent more time seeking Him!  It's been amazing!!  It's so embarrassing to admit how I let busyness selfishness get in the way. By doing this, I had defeated myself.

I'm happy to say that we started the Beth Moore study of Esther today after school in my classroom.  It's my second time to do it, but I can't wait!!  There's an intimate group of five, and  I can't wait to share this journey with them.  Fill me up, Lord, I want more of You and can't wait to know you more!!

These lyrics from Hillsong's "You" is SO the prayer of my heart right now!!

"Steal all that is within me, 'cause I all want in this world is more of You.
In the less of me it is You.  Increasing as I fade away, your light for all the world to see.
God it is you, who breaks the chains.  It is you, who lights the way. 
And everything I am cries out for you.
  So make my life transparent.  Your life in mine displayed. 
And let every earthly glory go back to you."


fall2010sig

1 comment:

Jen said...

WONDERFUL!!! Praying for you girl!!!